Monday, February 18, 2013

On the Cabin Crew

I have since started working, learnt to accept the reality that, if you do not benefit to others, you're nobody. It's a realistic world. Money matters. Health matters. You have no money, no talk. You are sick, you won't be hired. So I have learnt to see things coldly. Just how I thought I would ended up becoming one when I was younger - that as one starts to work as a doctor, life and death is just a norm. Bluntly put, if you die, you die.

Let me rephrase. I think I have turned cold-blooded.

So there was this other hot hunk who was beaten up and and fell from 2 storeys, causing some fractured spine and (I personally thought) paralysis of the right leg. He works with this certain XXX airline for almost a decade now. During his ward stay, apparently we were all wondering how sad he must be, still yet to accept the fact that he might be paralyzed for life, considering his lumbar spine were pretty badly crushed and the right leg being neurologically lost beyond salvagable.

So we got the medical social worker on board.

And as per usual, they get pretty interesting stories from this man.

Apparently, he believed his company would hold his position for him and wait for him till he recovered, even if it takes years.

And now I wonder - would that even be possible?

Realisitically?

I mean, yes I did remember having seen a really good looking hot guy back in my university hospital going for a scan. He has muscular upper torso and all, but he's totally paralyzed leg down. AND, he's very handsome.

Therefore, I began to wonder, perhaps there really are some party who are nice enough to actually take care of the welfare of their employees. Even if it means the employee would not be as productive as before.

Life shouldn't be grim after all huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment